2009年11月23日 星期一

Thanksgiving Holiday 1

November 23, 2009 Monday
Thanksgiving Holiday
It’s dad’s birthday today. Happy Birthday, Dad.

I’ve gone back to Taipei for 26 hours now and is enjoying in the most pleasant way and looking forward to the rest. A break I’ve always planned to give myself after the intensive, stressful, oppressed two week midterm has finally carried out thanks to the series of activities for the school international cultural festival. I’m giving myself a 5 day break by not attending the activities in order to stay in Taipei as long as possible. Leaving all the responsibilities and school work in Hualien, I came back to Taipei with one bag with not much in it and a relief heart. Though Taipei city is noisy and crowded as usual, I have enjoyed my ‘thanksgiving holiday’ I called it anyway.

My thanksgiving holiday starts by the time I finished my last midterm test (my horrible chemistry test) last Friday morning, and will probably end by the first class (French Class Friday afternoon) I’ll take when I’m back in Hualien. So an approximately one week time to relax and recharge by doing nothing particular ;D
Since I’m still having my thanksgiving holiday in Taipei, four days to go, I’ll report the first half of my holiday.

Last Friday evening was a laugh. Sharon, Patty and I went to a concert on Friday evening. 東華大學演藝廳11/20(五)晚上七點 台北愛樂室內樂坊《三弦主義+海角七號 = 十分音樂》演奏會: 大提琴家呂超倫,旅日小提琴家李商宇,法國楓丹白露國際吉他大賽銀賞得主蔡世鴻所組成的跨界三重奏 Oh dear, it was hilarious! Seriously, I’ve never, ever, ‘watched’ a concert like this before. Yes, watched. There were three professional musicians: a violin guy with personality hair style, a modest guitar player, and an absolute entertaining cellist. Their musical skills were no doubt professional, but the real drama was carefully hidden between the three masters’ facial expressions and the movements and most important, in the conversation between the lines and only the front seat sensitive audience would really know what was going on. Because of the unusual combination: violin, guitar, and a cello, they have to write their own pieces or rearrange written works so that three of them can have something to play. In doing so, according to Mr. Cellist, they sort of improvise music pieces, even on stage. And that was so true! Their performance was obviously improvising most of the time, and cellist seemed to be the naughtiest boy among the three, that he constantly forced the other two to improvise by not following the rehearsal deal. To give you a better picture, imagine an animation cartoon: the violin a talented gentleman, the guitar a shy lady, and the cellist a decent young man with many things to brag. It was interesting to see the conflict and the drama between the three. Like when the cellist wanted the guitar to play out loud, and made a nasty face when the violin was doing his long solo or the times when cello wanted to take the lead and go first when violin was supposed to be the leader. To put it simply, cello was the one that caused the performance so incredibly dramatic and unbelievably entertaining!

Thanks to Sharon’s clever choice that we were sitting in the very front second row of the ‘rock and roll’ area where we could clearly see the drama: the acting motions and hear the drama: the conversation with the lines of the melody between the three. Perhaps the most impressive sensual one would be when the guitarist made a circle with his instrument while playing the music, the turn you see at Ballet performance, and followed by the cellist, a big turn with the huge cello, and the violin ended it with a funny awkward turn with the little violin on the neck! It’s absolutely the most dramatic, entertaining, and pleasant performance I’ve ever watched. Not to mention the encore pieces, with the talented music skills and the genius rearrangements of the pieces, a little improvise as a flavour, just brilliant. Brilliant. Sharon and I were trying hard to hold ourselves not to ‘lol’! but failed. It was just too fun to watch, as if it were a mime talk show secretly going on. They sure did have a sense of humour. I couldn’t get my eyes off the stage. If they ever have another performance in the campus, I’ll definitely invite everyone I know to go to the concert! C’est Genial!


The three of us gone home with delightful spirits and decided to continue this pleasant atmosphere by the plan to go to 七星潭 beach for the sun rise the next morning. We headed off to the beach around 05:00 ish from Dong Hwa Main campus to Meilun campus. It took us 40 minutes to get to the beach by our little scooters, faily fast. It was still dark enough to see the stars when we set off, but by the time we arrived there, the sky began to light little by little. I think I should ask Sharon for the pics and so that you guys can have some idea of what’s it like to see the sun rise there. The way the light hits the cloud, as a silver line they say, and slowly but fast enough to hit the sky, making a little pink and orange colour, then moves to the sea shore, the Pacific ocean, the stones, and finally the land. We were lucky to catch and see the sun rise around 06:00 and had a beautiful rainbow accompanied us to be even more romantic. Words can hardly describe the amazing feeling we’ve experienced. People think of sun rise as a new start, we love sun rise like it’s something holy or sacred in a way that nobody can ever describe enough for the sake of its holiness and mystery. It is the most amazing gift that God has given His children to appreciate the master piece of The consuming love.

So a new start began.



Charity

1 則留言:

匿名 提到...
網誌管理員已經移除這則留言。